On May 29, 1994, the Minister of Higher Education and Higher Chairman of Kuwait University issued a decree (7) of establishing The Center for the Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula Studies as specialized research and study entities to function under the umbrella of the Research Sector of Kuwait University.
On September 14, 2011, the Minister of Education and Higher Chairman of the university issued a decree (41) of integrating the Center of Strategic and Future Studies to the Center for the Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula Studies.
Organizational Structure of the Center for the Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula Studies:
Center for the Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula Studies Administrative Structure
Center for the Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula Studies.
The center classified as an Administration Entity.
The center operationally reports to the university’s deputy dean for research.
Main specialties of the center:
- Supervising scientific researches and providing all the needed support services.
- Collecting scientific materials from books, publications, and letters then indexing, archiving and storing in special files for the use of researchers and beneficiaries.
- Supervising future and strategic researches related to the region.
- Monitoring and following up of the Public Opinion Aspects on issues related to the region.
Classification of Work Nature:
The Center for the Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula Studies is a specialized scientific research entity.
The Center’s Main Objective:
The Center’s main objective is preparing a suitable environment for producing a scientific research related to the Gulf Region and the Arabian Peninsula, issues in different fields. In addition to future and strategic studies of concern to the Arab and Islamic region and their impact on the Gulf countries, plus working on collecting and archiving historical and current documents connected with the region.
Detailed Objectives of the Center:
- Promotion of scientific researchers and enrichment of the library with researchers and studies.
- Participation in publishing studies and researches that serve the Center’s objectives.
- Providing future and strategic studies for making full use of in all aspects that serve the region’s interest.
- Recognition of the general opinion in all issues and fields for the use of development planning in the community, and creation of suitable solutions for decision-making purposes in different areas.
- Cementing and asserting links with civil societies and private sector for serving the community of the countries in the region.